Senior Process Development Scientist
Senior Process Development Scientist
✔Manufacturing – Downstream Processing ✔MSc/PhD in Biotechnology or Chemical Engineering
The CMC team in Vaccibody is expanding and is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Senior Process Development Scientist to join their adventure in the further development of the Vaccibody pDNA manufacturing process, with troubleshooting, manufacturing feasibility in new projects and further development of the current process. The work will be performed in close collaboration with the CMC team, Research teams in addition to external partners.
You will plan the experiments, prepare protocols and perform experiments in the lab and with subsequent appropriate documentation of the experiments performed, and will act as the downstream process specialist in Vaccibody
● Keeping updated on relevant literature
● Screening of new Vaccibody products with respect to manufacturability
● Planning and performing downstream process development work
● Work closely with the entire CMC and external Collaborators to align the experiments performed in both areas
● Use the data generated to further develop the process for new generations Vaccibody constructs
● Be the go-to person in Vaccibody with respect to downstream processing
Education and experience requirements:
● MSc or PhD in Biotechnology or Chemical Engineering
● Experience in working with process development and manufacturing of biologics
● Experience with pDNA process development is an advantage
● Preferable expertise within both USP and DSP, but with focus on DSP
● Skilled user of IT systems
● Proficiency in English both verbal and in writing
● Have strong interpersonal skills and possess the ability to communicate with other staff and external partners in a fast-paced setting
● Take responsibility and be able to work independently
● Be flexible and enjoy handling multiple tasks at the same time
● Be a team player with a “we” mentality
● Have an analytical, structured, and innovative mindset
Location: Vaccibody has offices in Copenhagen (DK) and Oslo (NO).
Ideal location for the candidate is either Denmark or Norway due to work collaboration and work environment, but the candidate may be domiciled in any European country. In so case the candidate must be willing to travel extensively
In the application letter, please highlight which of the above-mentioned “Education, experience and other qualifications” you fulfill. All inquiries are treated confidentially, also towards Vaccibody in the initial phase if desired.
This recruitment is carried out in collaboration with the recruitment company Carpenova,
Peter Ek, +46 73 323 47 51, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application!
Who are we looking for?
When hiring new employees, we look for the individuals who we think would be a good fit with our collaborative and inclusive company culture. You enjoy working together with other people in cross-functional team structures. Moreover, you appreciate working in an international environment.
Why join our Vaccibody team?
At Vaccibody, we offer a fun and dynamic international working environment. The people are at the heart of our organization, which is why we always keep striving to offer a workplace where we cheer each other on and find motivation. Your skills and competencies are unique and to ensure continued development our aspiration is to provide you with good opportunities for personal growth. We care about each other.
Our company was founded in 2007 and has since then, become one of the world’s most exciting Biotech companies, rapidly growing. Today we are counting more than 60 amazing employees within medical and development teams, manufacturing, bioinformatics, and research teamsWe use the Vaccibody technology to generate therapeutics with best-in-class potential to treat cancers with a high unmet medical need. Furthermore, we also focus our research on infectious diseases and immune tolerance. We closely collaborate with Roche and Nektar Therapeutics. And we are proud to have entered into a worldwide license and collaboration agreement with Genentech, a member of the Roche Group, to develop individualized neoantigen cancer vaccines.