Medical Manager, Speciality
Astellas is a top 20 global pharma company with operations in Japan, North America, EMEA and Asia/Oceania and a commitment to build and enhance the position in emerging markets.
The organisation employs more than 17200 people worldwide, 4700 people in EMEA and 140 people in the Nordics. Key therapeutic areas of focus are: Oncology, Urology, Transplantation and Women’s Health.
Are you ready to advance in your career? We are looking for a driven Medical Manager Speciality!
Responsible for the implementation of the medical strategy (Core Medical Plan) in the designated therapeutic area at the affiliate level by coordinating and executing medical / scientific activities to understand the local external environment and data gaps, translate insights into strategies and activities and, ensure the information needs of key stakeholders are fulfilled to help ensure the safe and appropriate use of Astellas products.
This position reports to the Nordic Medical Director.
- Provide strategic medical and scientific expertise in support of all affiliate Medical Affairs deliverables and cross-functional activities.
- Demonstrate matrix leadership by developing and maintaining integrated partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure all MA affiliate activities address local needs and advance the medical/scientific understanding of Astellas products across their lifecycle.
- Understand, align, and engage with external stakeholders to advance the understanding of and science behind compounds in development, the safe and effective use of Astellas products and disease states that they treat.
- Responsible for engaging with Key External Experts in relevant TA (nephrology) and working closely with key internal stakeholders, including the brand teams across the affiliate to achieve business objectives for the affiliate.
- Ensures all affiliate MA activities deliver value and are based on scientific validity, clinical importance and on time & budget.
- Some travel required within the Affiliate and/or Europe.
The ideal candidate has 4-6 years’ experience within Pharma and 2-4 years in Medical Affairs. Strong expertise in the therapeutic area including clinical/ hospital practice, clinical development, experience in designing, executing and reporting of clinical trials can be considered.
You must be able to identify with the Astellas core values and the individual elements: Patient Focus, Ownership, Results, Openness, and Integrity and behave accordingly. Relevant academic education. Ideally a Master degree in Health related Science.
Welcome with your application as soon as possible. Interviews are ongoing and the employment can be filled before the application deadline.
For more details, please contact Peter Ek: +46 733 23 47 51.